KILLEEN, Texas (May 25, 2022) – The City of Killeen offices will be closed on Monday, May 30 in observance of Memorial Day. Normal business hours will resume Tuesday.
Emergency services will operate without interruption.
Delayed trash collection
Garbage collection will run one day late for Monday and Tuesday and the Recycling Center will be closed on Monday, May 30. The Transfer Station will be open until 1 p.m.
Curbside Bulk trash collection suspended
A reminder that beginning Monday, May 30, curbside bulk collection services will be suspended through September 30, 2022.
The City of Killeen will NOT accept yard waste but WILL accept brush. By City Ordinance definition:
- Brush (will still be collected): Cuttings or trimmings from trees or shrubs of such length that cannot be placed in a container.
- Yard waste (will NOT be collected): Leaves, grass clippings, shrubs or plant cuttings, yard and garden debris, resulting from yard maintenance, that can be placed in a plastic bag for disposal.
The Family Aquatic Center will open this weekend. The hours will be:
- Saturday, May 28: 10a.m. - 6:30p.m.
- Sunday, May 29: 1p.m. - 6:30p.m.
- Monday, May 30: 11a.m. - 5p.m.
The Family Aquatic Center will reopen for the full summer season on June 4 and run through Labor Day weekend.
Long Branch Pool will have a delayed opening of July 2022, due to unexpected repairs. Both pools will operate at 50% capacity.