- Public Works
- Solid Waste
View 2023 holiday schedule for residential trash collection
Killeen HHW Events:
Accepting (at no charge): fluorescent bulbs/tubes, acids/other chemicals, antifreeze, petroleum products, household cleaners, used oils, pesticides/herbicides, paints, batteries
Do not bring: electronics, fire alarms, smoke detectors, explosives, pressurized containers.
Curbside Bulk Trash Collection services
For fee information about bulk, brush, yard waste and reloads for residential and commercial customers, please view the City’s full Fee Schedule (Solid Waste information begins on page 19).
- The Solid Waste Office is open with social distancing practices in place. The public is encouraged to conduct business by phone, email and web to the extent possible.
Killeen Drop-Off Recycling Services
The City of Killeen has added three locations to improve recycling convenience for residents. Recycling trailers are at the Clear Creek water tower at 6520 Clear Creek Road Monday trough Friday, near Killeen Rodeo Grounds at 3201 S. WS Young Drive and 2906 E. Rancier Avenue Monday through Friday.
Recyclers can take all types of paper, #1 and #2 plastics, steel, tin and aluminum cans and cardboard boxes. Details and instructions are printed on the recycling trailers.
Materials not accepted include household garbage, plastics #3 through #7, plastic shopping bags, Styrofoam, wax-lined containers such as milk cartons and juice boxes.
Killeen Recycling Center and Killeen Transfer Station accept the materials listed above.
The Recycling Center is located at 111 E. Avenue F and is open Monday - Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. The Transfer Station is located at 12200 State Highway 195 and is open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Wednesday and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- What happens if my container is overloaded?
- What if I need an additional container?
- What kind of garbage can I put in the container?
- When do I place my container at curbside for pickup?
- What are my options for excess garbage / rubbish or other bulky items that will not fit in the container?
- What if something happens to my container?
- What if my container is stolen or destroyed?
Our mission is to provide the highest quality solid waste service every day for everyone!