Our mission is to provide the highest quality solid waste service every day for everyone!
Killeen Expands Recycling Services
New drop off locations for recyclables offer added convenience.
The City of Killeen has added two locations to improve recycling convenience for residents. The new locations are at the Clear Creek water tower at 6520 Clear Creek Road and near Killeen Rodeo Grounds at 3201 S. WS Young Drive.
Recyclers can take all types of paper, #1 and #2 plastics, steel, tin and aluminum cans and cardboard boxes. Details and instructions are printed on the recycling trailers.
Materials not accepted include household garbage, plastics #3 through #7, plastic shopping bags, Styrofoam, wax-lined containers such as milk cartons and juice boxes.
Both drop-off locations are lighted and open 24 hours a day. They are free to use.
Killeen Recycling Center and Killeen Transfer Station accept the materials listed above as well as used cooking oil, used automotive oil and filters, cell phones and rechargeable batteries. The Recycling Center is located at 111 E. Avenue F and is open Monday, Tuesday and Friday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Wednesday and Thursday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. The Transfer Station is located at 12200 State Highway 195 and is open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Wednesday and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- What happens if my container is overloaded?
- What if I need a smaller, larger, or additional container?
- What kind of garbage can I put in the container?
- When do I place my container at curbside for pickup?
- What are my options for excess garbage / rubbish or other bulky items that will not fit in the container?
- What if something happens to my container?
- What if my container is stolen or destroyed?