What if something happens to my container?

The roll-out containers are the property of the City of Killeen and must not be painted, marked, abused, mutilated, altered, or modified in any way. Abuse and damage to a container by citizens shall result in an assessment equal to the replacement cost of the container and / or time and materials involved to repair such container. Examples of abuse include, but are not limited to:

  • Overloading the container beyond the rated weight capacity of the container
  • Fire damage caused by hot coals and / or ashes
  • Painting or marking the container in any manner
  • Failing to follow the proper care and use instruction for the container

Show All Answers

1. What happens if my container is overloaded?
2. What if I need an additional container?
3. What kind of garbage can I put in the container?
4. When do I place my container at curbside for pickup?
5. What are my options for excess garbage / rubbish or other bulky items that will not fit in the container?
6. What if something happens to my container?
7. What if my container is stolen or destroyed?