Mickey's Dog Park
|Other Link||Ordinance Section 6-71,72: Microchip Requirement / Spayed or Neutered Requirement|
Notice: The dog park will be closed October 10 - October 31, 2022 for grounds maintenance.
About the Park
Mickey's Convenience Stores presented the City of Killeen a check for $50,000 to help build Killeen's first dog park! The city matched the funds to provide a paws-itively wonderful park for our four-legged friends. The park, located next to the Killeen Community Center, has various toys and play areas for big and small pups.
Dog Park Rules
Use of the dog park is at your own risk. Owners/handlers are responsible for the actions and behavior of their dogs and are liable for damages or injury inflicted by their dogs. The City of Killeen has no liability or responsibility for damage or injuries in the dog park. Park users assume all risks associated with the use of the park and waive liability of the City of Killeen for any injury or damage caused by dogs or humans while accessing or using the park.
- Animals other than dogs are not allowed.
- Dogs under 16 weeks of age are not allowed.
- All dogs must be spayed or neutered.
- Dogs must have current vaccinations and be healthy and free of contagious disease and parasites.
- Dogs with known history of aggressive or dangerous behavior are prohibited.
- All dogs must be on a leash and collar while entering and exiting the dog park.
- Limit of 2 dogs per owner/handler at any time.
- The large dog area is for dogs weighing 30 pounds or more. Small dogs are allowed in the large dog enclosure at their own risk.
- The small dog enclosure is only for dogs weighing less than 30 pounds. Large dogs are not permitted in the small dog area.
- Owners/handlers must carry one leash per dog under their control.
- Dogs are not required to be on a leash while in the fenced area of the park; however, dogs must be under the control of owner/handler (age 16 or older).
- All visitors age 15 and younger must be accompanied and supervised by an adult at all times while in the dog park.
- Owners/handlers must be physically capable of controlling their dogs and must prevent aggressive behavior, biting or fighting.
- Appropriate dog toys are allowed except for edible toys such as rawhide and bones.
- Dogs may not be left unattended in the park and must be within view of and within voice control of the owner/handler at all times.
- Owners/handlers are responsible for picking up and disposing of all of their dog's waste.
- Owners/handlers must repair any damage caused by their dog.
- Dogs showing any aggression must be leashed and immediately removed from the park.
- Any person who violates the Dog Park Rules may be removed and may be prohibited from returning to or using the park.
- The park is subject to closure upon determination by the City that there is a reason deemed to be in the public's interest, safety or maintenance.
- All animals are required to comply with the City of Killeen's animal regulations, found in Chapter 6 of the City's Code of Ordinances.
- No food (dog or human), glass metal containers, bicycles, skateboards, roller blades, skates, scooters, strollers, carriages, smoking, choke chains, or pronged, spiked or shock collars in the park.