KILLEEN, Texas (Feb. 10, 2023) – The City of Killeen has partnered with the Killeen Housing Authority, the Moss Rose Center and other community partners to provide a warming center for those in need overnight Friday, Feb. 10 and Saturday, Feb. 11.
The Moss Rose Center, located at 103 East Avenue E, will open at 6p.m. each night and will remain open overnight to provide shelter to those in need until 9a.m. the next day. If no one is utilizing the service by 11:30p.m., the warming center will close.
City warming centers are set up to offer temporary relief from the cold, so no beds or showers are provided.
To provide a safe environment for community members who use this service, all donations must follow these guidelines:
- Call ahead to (254) 327-1164 (ext. 13) to see what is needed
- Food is required to be in original packaging, not past posted expiration date and not require heating
- Blankets must be brand new, odor free and in original packaging
Unfortunately, the Moss Rose Center can NOT accept the following:
- New or used (including gently-used) toys, clothing, stuffed animals, bedding, or candy
- Gift-wrapped items
- New or used medical supplies or equipment
To get the latest up-to-date information from the City, follow us on Facebook (@KilleenTexas), Instagram (@CityOfKilleen), Twitter (@CityOfKilleen) and YouTube (@CityofKilleenTX), and signup for alerts on our website by visiting www.killeentexas.gov/alertcenter and signing up for emergency alerts from our CodeRED system at www.killeentexas.gov/ohsem.