Halloween is Monday, Oct. 31 and door-to-door celebrations are recommended from 6-8p.m.
KILLEEN, Texas (Sept. 1, 2022) – The City of Killeen recommends door-to-door trick-or-treating be done on Monday, Oct. 31 from 6p.m. – 8p.m. Children should always be accompanied by an adult and City officials are still encouraging families to take the proper precautions for a safe and fun Halloween to limit the spread of any virus.
Households that wish to distribute candy should turn the front porch lights on to indicate they welcome trick-or-treating. Trick-or-Treaters should only approach houses that have porch lights on and should never enter a home or car for a treat.
All candy should be inspected by an adult before children enjoy it. When planning Halloween costumes, parents are reminded that children’s costumes should not impair vision, hearing or movement, should be flame resistant and should be bright or reflective.
Regarding COVID-19 procedures, the latest Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommended precautions are:
- Make sure you’re up to date on your vaccines
- Stay home if you or any member of your group is sick
- If you’ve been exposed, wearing a high-quality mask for ten days and testing on day five (quarantining is not necessary and costume masks are not appropriate substitutes for protective masks)
- If you test positive, isolation (not quarantining) for at least five days and wearing a high-quality mask for ten days
- Observe good hygiene by using hand sanitizer and washing hands
- Wash hands and inspect candy before enjoying
The City does not provide recommendations on ages of trick-or-treat participants. A reminder that there is a youth curfew in the City of Killeen. From Monday through Thursday nights, the time is 11p.m. – 6a.m. the following morning. On Saturday (Friday night) and Sunday (Saturday night), the curfew times are 12:01a.m. – 6a.m. the following day. This affects anyone 17 years old or younger, unless they’re accompanied by an adult, or involved with employment, religious or school activities, etc. as outlined in our Code of Ordinances.
The City of Killeen will be announcing dates and times for City-sponsored Halloween and fall festivities at a later date. Halloween activities and trick-or-treating is a cherished tradition. We wish residents a safe and Happy Halloween!