Youth Empowerment Program
The Killeen Youth Empowerment Program was introduced by City of Killeen staff and Council members to empower today’s youth in every manner possible through employment and leadership services. The program serves local youth from ages 14 to 21 years.
The mission of the program is to cultivate, empower and inspire local youth to be self-reliant, key players in their community.
- How will the youth time be tracked?
- How long will the youth be working in the department?
- What will be requested from the worksite supervisors upon placement of youth?
- When will youth report to the worksite?
- What task are youth by age prohibited from completing?
- How can my department or business Participate?
Program Core Values
Making a difference for the families and youth of Killeen
Commitment to building the capabilities of all youth, regardless of circumstances
Caring for all youth -we serve them as if they were our own
Embracing the difference in every youth and family to benefit their future success
Utilizing all community resources, departments and programs to ensure the success of our youth
Recognizing that all youth do not start at the same place and adjust to the imbalances
- The youth employment track is an 8 - week Session that will be offered twice a year once in the summer, and once in the spring.
- The Sessions will include paid job readiness training and work experiences within City of Killeen departments.
- 2024 Spring Session:
- Application Opens (November 1st – 30th 2023)
- Application Deadline (November 30th, 2023)
- Programing (February 12th, 2024 – April 5th, 2024)
- Age requirement (16-19 years of age)
- Must be enrolled in a GED program
- 2024 Summer Session:
- Application Opens (February – April)
- Application Deadline (April 30th, 2024)
- Programming (June 3rd, 2024 – July 26th, 2024)
- Age Requirement: Applicant must be between the ages of 14 - 18 by June 1st of the year of the participation.
How can youth apply
- To apply for the 2024 Spring Employment session, please click here . The program application will be titled Killeen Youth Empowerment Program- Seasonal Youth-Hire on the Killeen Job Opportunities webpage. The application will open November 1, 2024 – November 30, 2024.
- To apply for the 2024 Summer Employment, please click here . The program application will be titled Killeen Youth Empowerment Program- Seasonal Youth-Hire on the Killeen Job Opportunities webpage. The application will open February 1st, 2023 – April 30th, 2023.
- Program Contact Information: Morgan Hinton (Youth Program Manager), Email: (email@example.com) and Phone: (254-616-3196)
- If a City of Killeen department or business is interested in hosting a seasonal youth hire for a session, please complete the Worksite Participation Form. The completion of this form will assist with properly placing and equipping youth, ensuring that they get the most out of the experience. Thank you for your participation in leading our local youth! If you are interested in participating, please fill out the Killeen Youth Empowerment Worksite Participation (Form).
- What does job readiness training consist of?
- Who can Apply for youth employment opportunities?
- How do I apply?
- How long is the program?
- How much will I be paid?
- What will my schedule be?
- Where will I work?
- Can I request time off?
- How do I get Paid?
- What if I need assistance with the application process?
- What happens after I submit my application?
- What to expect after my interview?
- What to expect after I receive a job offer?