Our Killeen Plan
We asked, you answered!
The plan was created based off community feedback on priorities for the city, and outlines a vision for Killeen for the next 10-20 years. The City of Killeen worked with consultant, Verdunity, to draft the Comprehensive Plan, and work on the plan began in March 2021. Verdunity worked with city staff beginning March 2021 to conduct public meetings, gather data and elicit feedback from city representatives, citizens, stakeholders, small businesses, the Comprehensive Plan Advisory Committee, and the Planning and Zoning Commission.
July 25 community meeting
City of Killeen Workshops on our Future (Dec. 13-15 Comprehensive Plan)
Kevin Shepherd, Founder and CEO of the Verdunity consulting group, answers questions concerning the city’s Comprehensive Plan and why citizens should be involved.
- What is the Comprehensive Plan?
- What is the feedback about the Comprehensive Plan?
- What are the top 3 priorities based on the feedback surveys from Killeen citizens?
- What are the different phases in the Comprehensive Plan and what’s next?
- When can we expect implementation of the Comprehensive Plan?
- What changes can I expect to see in the short/long-term?
- What is the two-part strategy to revitalize Downtown Killeen, while continuing to develop on the south side of Killeen?
- Why should citizens be involved in the Comprehensive Plan?