2023 general Election
The City of Killeen's 2023 General Election will be held Saturday, May 6, 2023.
The following City Council positions will be filled in the upcoming General Election: District #1 (Jessica Gonzalez, Current Office Holder), District #2 (Riakos Adams, Current Office Holder), District #3 (Nina Cobb, Current Office Holder) and District #4 (Michael Boyd, Current Office Holder).
Qualifications for Office:
Candidates for mayor and councilmember shall meet the qualifications for elective office as established in the Texas Elections Code.
In addition to the foregoing, candidates for the four district councilmembers shall be bona fide residents of the district from which they seek election. A member of the council ceasing to possess any of the qualifications, failing to attend three (3) consecutive regular meetings of the council without being excused by the council, or convicted of a felony while in office shall immediately forfeit his/her office.
The following information and downloadable forms are being provided for your convenience. The forms and guides are updated to comply with changes made to the law.
Filers will find answers to most of their questions in the instructions guides to the forms. Please email Laura Calcote, City Secretary, or call at 254-501-7717 for additional guidance.
Please note, as a candidate for public office, you are encouraged to read and become familiar with the information relating to campaign laws and procedures included in the packet. Please be advised that the City Secretary's Office will be able to assist you with questions relating to the filing requirements for certain election-related documents. However, the City Secretary's Office is unable to help candidates with the completion of such documents or pass judgment regarding the sufficiency and timeliness of their required filing.
NOTE: 24-hour notice is required if you would like a paper copy of the Candidate Packet printed.
- Amendment Appointment of a Campaign Treasurer (Form ACTA) (PDF)
- Application for Ballot by Mail (English) (PDF)
- Application for Ballot by Mail (Spanish) (PDF)
- Application for Place on General Election Ballot (PDF)
- Appointment of a Campaign Treasurer (Form CTA) (PDF)
- Candidate/Officeholder Campaign Finance Report (Form COH) (PDF)
- Candidate/Officeholder Daily Pre-Election Report (Form Daily COH) (PDF)
- Candidate/Officeholder Report of Unexpended Contributions (Form COH-UC) (PDF)
- Certificate of Withdrawal (PDF)
- Conflict of Interest Questionnaire (Form CIQ) (PDF)
- Correction Amendment Affidavit for Candidate Officeholder (Form COR-COH) (PDF)
- Eligibility Requirements for Public Office (PDF)
- Fair Campaign Practices Act (Form CFCP) (PDF)
- Guide to Becoming a City Official (PDF)
- Local Government Officer Conflicts Disclosure Statement (Form CIS) (PDF)
- Poll Watchers Guide (PDF)