The City of Killeen is committed to financial transparency.
In an effort to provide more usable and understandable information about the City's finances, we have made budget and finance data available online. The OpenGov system allows users to view detailed figures by reporting period in as much or as little details as desired.
Users can compare revenues and expenses and compare current numbers with previous years or months. They can also find details by fund, department or category.
Through this online application, information can be downloaded as images or spreadsheets. It can also be shared through email or social media.
- The Portal allows you to explore budget and historical finances in a simple graphical user interface. The main view includes a pie chart, a legend and various controls to view expenses by departments out of various funds.
- You'll notice the title of the chart or graph you are viewing on top along with the account type selector. You can use the filter to see the data that is of most interest to you.
- You can change your view by type at any point by simply selecting the different type of representation. The data will automatically convert. These functions are on the top right. There are five different types of visual representations of the data:
- Area graph
- Area graph by percentage
- Line graph
- Pie graph
- To focus on specific data - like a fund, department, expense type, or any combination - look to the left and use the menu on the side panel. These selectors allow you to specify exactly what breakdown you want the graph or table to represent. When you select "Filtered By" the data filter pops up and allows you to turn on or turn off selected filters for that category - funds, departments, expense type.
- You can double-click on the chart itself to drill down or filter data, or double-click on the department names.
- You can hover your mouse pointer over a data point to get the value and total of that point.
- You can also download the data into a .csv spreadsheet and .png image.
- You can share the data (any view of the data) on a social network or by email.