The Killeen Police Department is a 335-member organization, with 265 members allotted sworn strength. We are responsible for all police functions in Killeen, Texas, a city of 156,261 population, covering approximately 55.235 square miles.
The Killeen Police Department’s mission is to reduce crime, the fear of crime, and enhance public safety.
The Killeen Police Department's vision is to provide effective and efficient police services to our citizens, in the most professional and courteous manner possible by tailoring our manifold operations to meet the needs and expectations of our community.
- We will maintain the highest level of integrity
- We will engage in open honest communication
- We will treat all persons with compassion, respect and dignity
- We will be self critical and accountable for our commitments and results
- We will always seek to provide the highest quality of service
- We will preserve and safeguard individual rights and liberties
Reporting a Crime
There are a number of ways to report a crime. If you have a life or death emergency, please call 911. If you wish to report any other type of crime you may call 254-501-8830. You may be able to file the report by phone. In some cases you may need to come to the police station or have an officer dispatched to your location.
It is very important to report a crime as soon as possible. This will improve the odds of solving your case. To make filing the report faster, please have all pertinent information regarding the crime available when you call. This will make it easier to assist you.
For matters relating to evidence you can contact the Killeen Police Department's Evidence Unit. Be sure to provide specific, concise detailed information in your request.
Reporting Suspicious Activities
The Killeen Police Department welcomes and encourages citizen involvement. To make your neighborhoods a safe and pleasant place to live we need your help. If you have reason to believe that someone is involved in criminal activity please contact us. You may contact the Police Department at 254-501-8830.
To notify Killeen Police about suspicious activity, please email the Killeen Police Intelligence Unit.
Auto Theft Reporting
Please download and use the Unauthorized Use of Motor Vehicle Pamphlet (PDF) for any incident where your vehicle was taken or kept without your permission by a person that had prior authority to drive the vehicle. These persons include circumstances such as rental cars, friends, dating relationships or other circumstances that the person had or presumed to have had permission to drive the vehicle.
When to Call 911
If you need immediate police response to a problem, or the problem is in progress, please contact the Police Department by telephone. For issues that are not life and death please call 254-501-8830.
REPORTING A TRAFFIC CONCERN
Report a concern or problem about speeding or other traffic issues. Email the Killeen Police Department Traffic Unit. (email address is email@example.com)
The Killeen Police Department is proud to hold advanced accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies, Inc. (CALEA). CALEA is an international accrediting body that assesses an agency’s ability to meet or exceed professionally recognized criteria for excellence in police management and service delivery. The department was initially assessed in December 2009.
If you need immediate police response to a problem, or the problem is in progress, please contact the Police Department by telephone. For emergencies please call 911. For issues that are not a matter of life and death please call 254-501-8800.
- Districts and district lieutenant assignments (PDF).
- Criminal Investigation Division Commander handles issues regarding the investigations of persons, property, juvenile, burglaries, warrants, narcotics and prostitution. Email the Criminal Investigation Division.
- Internal Affairs Unit handles issues regarding complaint allegations involving police department employees. Email the Internal Affairs Unit.
- Patrol Division Commander handles issues regarding uniformed patrol officers, communications office, the city jail and the Tactical Response Unit.
- Public Affairs Unit handles issues regarding public affairs and media relations. Email the Public Affairs Unit.
- Support Services Division Commander handles issues regarding employment, evidence processing, records and training. Email Support Services Division.
- Open records requests, background investigations or general information requests, Email the Records Unit.
- The Evidence Unit can be reached at 254-501-8918 Monday thru Friday 7:00 am to 5:00 P.M.. Appointments for evidence pick up is Tuesday thru Thursday 9 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Evidence pick up is by appointment only. Email the Evidence Unit
Domestic Violence Awareness Walk at Killeen Lions Club Park Softball Field
The walk will be held on September 30, 2023 from 11:00 am to 1:00 p.m. to bring awareness and support to victims and survivors of Domestic Violence.
Join us for light refreshments, music, vendor booths and meet our community partners.
Finisher medals to first 150 walkers.
For more information, contact Kimberly Isett (254) 501-7698.