Killeen Senior Centers
Killeen Senior Centers enhance the lives of area seniors, age 55 and over, by providing high-quality facilities and services that offer wellness, life-long learning and social opportunities. Non-residents and residents alike can join our programming free of charge, gaining access to a thriving community of seniors and a variety of activities including arts, fitness classes, card playing, spiritual groups, billiards and more. Drop in and take a tour to see for yourself! You belong at the Lions Club Park and Bob Gilmore Senior Centers.
See the link below to view our monthly publication, The Senior Scoop, and complete listing of activities, presentations, holiday observances and more.
*Legal spouses of seniors, age 55 and over, are also eligible for membership at the Senior Centers.
The Lions Club Park Senior Center and Family Recreation Center is excited to announce that on February 1, 2021 we will become a SilverSneakers fitness location partner. If your insurance plan provides SilverSneakers as a benefit, you are entitled to a complimentary membership at our facilities. SilverSneakers is the nation’s leading exercise program designed exclusively for adults 65+. Included as a benefit with Medicare health plans nationwide, SilverSneakers helps seniors improve their health and stay independent. Eligible health plan members need only show their SilverSneakers member ID number or card to access participating locations.
What are the SilverSneakers eligibility requirements?
In order to be eligible for the SilverSneakers Fitness program, you must be:
- 65 or older, or eligible for Medicare because of a disability
- Living in the U.S.
- Enrolled in a private Medicare plan that offers the SilverSneakers benefit
If you are already enrolled in one of those types of private insurance plans, you can visit SilverSneakers.com to see if your current plan offers the program. Call 254.501.6399 for more information about what we offer to eligible SilverSneakers members.
Community resources for seniors
- Adult Protective Services: 254-526-9011
- American Association of Retired Persons (AARP): 888-687-2277
- Area Agency on Aging: 254-770-2330
- Department of Health & Human Services: 254-519-7511
- Housing and Urban Development (HUD): 210-475-6800
- Killeen Free Clinic: 254-519-3898
- Killeen Help Center: 254-237-9147
- Killeen Housing Authority: 254-327-1164
- Meals On Wheels: 254-699-8888
- Senior Transportation (HOP): 254-933-3700
- Social Security Administration (National Number): 800-772-1213
- Social Security Administration (Temple): 866-593-1341
Senior Center Lunches
All members that plan to eat lunch will complete and have on file a current Area Agency on Aging of Central Texas (AAACT) application packet at the Senior Center prior to eating lunch. Individuals age 59 & below are required to pay $5.00 per meal and individuals age 60 & above have a suggested contribution of $2.00 per meal to be paid at the time of lunch to AAACT.
Lunch Process: Lunch begins at 11:10am and ends at 12:00pm Monday-Friday. Everyone planning to eat lunch will line up at 11:10am and submit their name to the lunch attendant prior to eating to ensure they have an AAACT on file. No advance registration is required to eat lunch.
Senior Citizens Advisory Board Meeting
September 21, 2023 @ 3:30 P.M.
Lions Club Park Senior Center Ballroom
1700-B E. Stan Schlueter Loop
Killeen, TX 76542