Killeen Senior Centers
Killeen Senior Centers enhance the lives of area seniors, age 55 and over, by providing high-quality facilities and services that offer wellness, life-long learning and social opportunities. Non-residents and residents alike can join our programming free of charge, gaining access to a thriving community of seniors and a variety of activities including arts, fitness classes, card playing, spiritual groups, billiards and more. Drop in and take a tour to see for yourself! You belong at the Lions Club Park and Bob Gilmore Senior Centers.
See the link below to view our monthly publication, The Senior Scoop, and complete listing of activities, presentations, holiday observances and more.
*Legal spouses of seniors, age 55 and over, are also eligible for membership at the Senior Centers.
The Lions Club Park Senior Center and Family Recreation Center is excited to announce that on February 1, 2021 we will become a SilverSneakers fitness location partner. If your insurance plan provides SilverSneakers as a benefit, you are entitled to a complimentary membership at our facilities. SilverSneakers is the nation’s leading exercise program designed exclusively for adults 65+. Included as a benefit with Medicare health plans nationwide, SilverSneakers helps seniors improve their health and stay independent. Eligible health plan members need only show their SilverSneakers member ID number or card to access participating locations.
What are the SilverSneakers eligibility requirements?
In order to be eligible for the SilverSneakers Fitness program, you must be:
- 65 or older, or eligible for Medicare because of a disability
- Living in the U.S.
- Enrolled in a private Medicare plan that offers the SilverSneakers benefit
If you are already enrolled in one of those types of private insurance plans, you can visit SilverSneakers.com to see if your current plan offers the program. Call 254.501.6399 for more information about what we offer to eligible SilverSneakers members.
community resources for seniors
- Adult Protective Services: 254-526-9011
- American Association of Retired Persons (AARP): 254-526-2145
- Area Agency on Aging: 800-441-7169
- Bell County Human Service (Help Center): 254-519-3360
- Department of Human Services: 254-519-7511
- Housing and Urban Development (HUD): 254-634-2443
- Killeen Free Clinic: 254-519-3898
- Killeen Housing Authority: 254-634-5243
- Legal Hotline for Older Texans: 800-622-2520
- Meals On Wheels: 254-699-8888
- Senior Transportation (HOP): 254-616-6800
- Social Security Administration (National Number): 800-772-1213
- Social Security Administration (Temple): 254-298-1323
Senior Center Lunches
All members wishing to eat lunch will complete and have on file a current Area Agency on Aging of Central Texas (AAACT) application packet at the Lions Club Park Senior Center prior to reserving lunch dates. Individuals age 59 & below have a suggested contribution of $6.00 per meal and individuals age 60 & above have a suggested contribution of $2.00 per meal to be paid at the time of lunch to AAACT.
Sign-Up Process: Staff will sign up individuals in-person for lunch period(s) at the Lions Club Park Senior Center front desk or over the phone from 8:00am-4:00pm Monday-Friday up to 1 week in advance (5 days at a time). Individuals may sign up and sign up their spouse (if applicable). All individuals must be present to receive a meal.
Line: Individuals will stand on the “Blue X’s” in the Ballroom while they wait in line beginning no earlier than:
- 11:05am-1st Period
- 11:50am-2nd Period
- 12:15pm for unclaimed meals on a first come, first served basis until supplies are exhausted
- Staff will verify each person’s reservation prior to being served by referencing the sign-up list
Lunch Periods: The Ballroom will be cleared at 11:00am to set up 8 tables/ 32 chairs (4 chairs/table), disinfect and prepare for lunch.
- 1st Period: 11:10am-11:45pm-Pre-registration required to dine during this time. Ballroom will be cleared at 11:45am to prepare for 2nd lunch period.
- 2nd Period: 11:55pm-12:30pm -Pre-registration required to dine during this time. Ballroom will be cleared at 12:30pm for cleaning.