You may be eligible to complete a driver's safety course in order to dismiss certain violations:
- You must appear by the appearance date provided in your notice/citation;
-Submit a signed written plea of "guilty" or "no contest" and a waiver of jury trial;
-Submit current proof of insurance (you must be listed as a driver)
-Submit a signed written request to complete the driver's safety course for dismissal of a specific violation;
-Submit a copy of your valid Texas driver's license (military can submit a valid out-of-state license with military identification);
-Pay court costs in the amount of $112.10/$137.10 if the offense occurred in a school zone.
The driver's safety class can only be requested for ONE qualifying violation and can only be requested once in a 12 month period from the date the course was last completed.
Persons who hold a commercial driver's license are not eligible to complete a driver's safety course to dismiss a violation.
1. Speeding 95 miles per hour or more
2. 25 miles per hour or more over the posted speed
3. TC 545.066, passing a school bus
4. TC 550.022, immediately stop at the scene of accident; immediately return to the scene of the accident if the vehicle is not stopped at the scene of the accident; and remain at the scene of an accident until the operator complies with the requirements of section 550.023
5. TC 550.023, failure to give information; fail to show the operator's driver's license; fail to render aid
6. Any offense that occurred in a construction zone with workers present
7. Persons who hold a commercial driver's license
You are required to appear before the Municipal Court Judge in open court if on the date of the offense:
-You were under 17 years of age
-You were under the age of 21 charged with an alcohol offense
-You were under the age of 18 charged with a tobacco offense
|Court||Mon - Fri||9 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Arraignments||Monday & Wednesday||8:45 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.|
|Bench Trials||1st, 3rd & 5th Tuesday||
8:15 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
|Jury Trials||2nd & 4th Tuesday||8:15 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.|
|Teen Court||Thursday||8:45 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.|
The Court will be closed between the hours of 11:30 am and 1:00 pm on December 20, 2013
Due to road construction there is currently no through traffic between 2nd and 4th street on Avenue D where the Municipal court is located. Available public parking is located approximately 1/2 block west of Avenue D and 2nd Street. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to be back to normal very soon.
For information on violations filed in the Killeen Municipal Court, please call 254-501-7850. A telephone call does not constitute an appearance.
Pay Court Fees/Fines online with a Master Card/Visa Credit or Debit card.
|Presiding Judge||William P. Gibson|
|Associate Judge||Gregory K. Simmons|
|Clerk of the Court||Luevada Posey|
|Municipal Prosecutor||Holli Clements|
|City Marshal||B. Tindle|
|Deputy City Marshal||Louis Gardner|
|Assistant Clerk of the Court||Cathy Bannister|
|Compliance Collections Manager||Sandra Rodriguez|
|Juvenile Case Manager||Johnny Brooks|
|Executive Assistant||Belinda Robertson|
Code of Ordinances - Chapter 2
Art. V Municipal Court
Art. VI Fees