The Andy K. Wells Hike and Bike Trail is the first ever of its kind within the City of Killeen. It starts at 2201 E. Veterans Memorial Blvd (located behind the Killeen Community Center) and is 2.5 miles long. (map)
The project was made possible through the generosity of Kenny Wells, who donated 9.115 acres of land. In honor of Mr. Wells the City elected to name the trail after his father the late Andy K. Wells and any future extensions to this trail system will be perpetually named the “Andy K. Wells Hike and Bike Trail”.
The trail is part of the region's vision to eventually complete a series of trails linking two surrounding lakes, Lake Belton and Still House Hollow Lake.
The hike and bike trail at Lions Club Park opened in October 2011.
Lions Club Park Hike & Bike Trail at 1600 E. Stan Schlueter Loop winds around the Lions Club Park recreational area and is 1.4 miles long. (map)